Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/code violation?

Question
I know there are different codes for different areas. I'm wondering if it is typically a standard violation or a code violation to install commercial a/c equipment in such a manner that it cannot be serviced? In my case we have a Mitsubishi Citimulti system with indoor units buried in the ceiling. I can change the filters thru a small access panel but if I had to change out a fan motor we would have to cut the ceilings open. It is in a Spa so that would be extremely disruptive. I appreciate your opinion on this.

Answer
Will,
Codes are for anything un healthy or dangerous.
There are lots of things that you can't replace or repair without tearing some of the structure apart.
You need to check with your building department, they may say it's your responsibility to make the corrections? a lot depends on how long it's bin the way it is?

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart