Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/fa4anf060 carrier

Question
fan comes on when called for but heat does not, fan sequencer is new and heat elements are good, i dont have wiring diagram and a picture would be better if possible

Answer
James,
 OK, that number is for a "FAN COIL" air handler, is this hooked up to a heat pump or an A/C?
 What is the first 4 digits of the serial number, that gives me the week (first 2) and year (3rd and 4th number)unless that is really old, it should run off a control board.  If it is an older one, how have you determaned the elements and sequencer are good?  Do you have and know how to use a meter?  If so there are also limits in series with the elements (we call them strips, short for strip heaters, FYI)
 If the limts are good, meaning they have continuity across from one spade connetor to the other, and you have 24 volts to the coil on the sequencer and in fact the strips have continuity, then 240 volts supplied to both sides and they have to work.
 With a meter first you make sure you have 24 volts from common to RED on your low voltage wires to the thermostat.  The thermostat connects the red to the white which is the heat wire going to the sequencer.  ( FYI red to green should start the fan, another quick way to check your low voltage).
 If the low voltage side is good then you must have lost part of your high voltage, assuming again the limits are OK.  So check both breakers in the furnace, should be 240 and 240.  And when the sequencer has 24 volts there should be 240 volts measured from the wire leaving the sequencer to the element you are testing to the other line out of the breaker.
 Take one element at a time.  Find the breaker that feeds that element.  There are tw0 120 volt wires out of that breaker.  The one to the sequencer and out to the element and the other line follow it to the end of the element.  You should measure 240 volts at each side of the element.  If you do an have no keat then a limit is open.  If you don't have 240 then the breaker or the sequencer is not working correctly.
 Let me know if that helps and for God's sake if you are a novice at this be very careful that is a lot of voltage, might be worth having a professional do this one, but at least now you could look over his shoulder and know what is happening.  Good luck

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

john t. borgman