Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Faulty A/C

Question
Hi Craig,
My 18000 btu split type A/C doesnt run, when I turn it on theres just a humming sound from the PC board (might be fan motor, not sure) for a while and then it beeps once and the light flashes rapidly, both indoor and outdoor fans and the comp. do not run, Im thinking this is an electrical problem but I dont have a multimeter to test it. The make is Midea.

I've attached wiring diagrams from the indoor and outdoor unit to help you. (sorry bout quality)

http://imgur.com/a/cIe8O

thanks for reading, look forward to response.

Answer
It could be an electrical problem. You are going to have to have a meter to even start figuring out what is wrong with the unit.  I have never heard of a Midea, so I do not even know what the beeps might mean or even common issues with that brand of unit.

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert