Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Faulty A/C

Hi Craig,
My 18000 btu split type A/C doesnt run, when I turn it on theres just a humming sound from the PC board (might be fan motor, not sure) for a while and then it beeps once and the light flashes rapidly, both indoor and outdoor fans and the comp. do not run, Im thinking this is an electrical problem but I dont have a multimeter to test it. The make is Midea.

I've attached wiring diagrams from the indoor and outdoor unit to help you. (sorry bout quality)

thanks for reading, look forward to response.

It could be an electrical problem. You are going to have to have a meter to even start figuring out what is wrong with the unit.  I have never heard of a Midea, so I do not even know what the beeps might mean or even common issues with that brand of unit.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.