Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Finding the appropriate replacements

I am an adjuster and have had some difficulty finding or determining what to replace HVAC units with. I get the model and if the unit is fairly new I can can find the btu or seer info and can be close with the estimated replacement model and costs. However, if the unit is older it is difficult to determine and sometimes I do not find anything except a reference to parts. Scouring a parts site trying to find seer or btu info to help me determine costs is time consuming. Is there a website or a way to efficiently determine the appropriate replacement unit costs?  

Thank you,

This manual would be a tremendous help to you If you can not make out any nomenclature on the unit , the tag on the compressor itself if readable can be referenced to determine the btu rating of the condensing unit . If no reference numbers can be found any where , then you can buy simple software to determine the heat load of the house for an accurate replacement . Hope this helps.  Marcus

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass

I can answer question regarding small refrigeration units ,walk in cooler/freezer,commercial ice machines,exhaust hoods,supermarket rack systems,all residential air conditioning units and commercial air conditioning equipment. No appliance questions please

20 years plus experience in supermarket chains , restaurant refrigeration service , and residential and commercial air conditioning service. Florida class A air conditioning contractor. Currently own an air condition and refrigeration company.

Graduated trade school , hundreds of hours of manufacturer training as well as in house training over the years and best of all - hands on real world experience . Class A license holder in Florida