Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/furnace

I bought a used Goodman furnace to install in a house I am flipping. I hooked it up to natural gas to see if it works before I install it. At first it seemed to work ok but now the burners light for 5 to 15 seconds then go off. Could it be possible that it is set up for LP instead of natural gas. Would it work at all if this was the case.

A furnace can work with LP or NG.  They work at different pressures, so there is a conversion that has to be done so it can work with the other.  Most furnaces seem to be set to work with NG and have to be converted to work with LP.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.