Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/gas packs

Question
I am trying to choose between  Amana  &  Payne

Answer
I will swear by Amana.  Great company, affordable unit costs, longevity of equipment, easy access for technicians.  Payne I have seen often, and to repair them.  I have had manufacturer issues, recalls, defective coils out of the BOX new, and a royal pain for warranty coverage not to be broken.  

Amana is easy to deal with, they make quality units and don't hassle me as much on the scant occasions I need to replace a part in warranty.  I cna only think of three times in a dozen or so years.  Payne...?  Maybe two a year, and then there was 2003 when the had a recall because of defect that I had about 50 calls to replace the bad part.  Hm.  

It happens, and I install a comparable amount of each new every year.  I see a few more Amanas in the field, and on the whole I trust them more.  Understand every technician may have his own opinion, but I am proud to stand behind mine because of experience, and the recall statistics.

I hope this helps.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Frank A.