Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/heater

my furnace is not going on but my fan works. I have checked the thermostat and it seems to be working. When I put the switch to heat there is no response from the furnace. what can i do

There are many different brands and types of furnaces.  I do not have a clue as to what you have.  I need, at the very least, the make and model number of your unit.  You can try to turn the power off to the unit to see if that will reset it and get it working again.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.