Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Oil tank

We were told that there is sludge in our 1T gal  in ground oil tank. Our furnace shut off this week and we had to call a repairman to get it started. We were told to fill up the oil tank only half way to prevent the sludge from blocking the filter. The oil tank was installed in the '3o's and the furnace is relatively new. Is there anything else we can do to remedy the problem w/o replacing the tank which would be a very costly thing.

if this stops the problem, then it is good advice.

Explore options to remove the tank, and relocate your tank above ground.  There is assistance to remove the tank available.  Sludge in the tank will cause operational problems which will make you miserable and hate your heater.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Mike Reavis

Questions related to "Wet Heat". This is heating your home, office etc. with radiators, panels, and convector apparatus. Steam and water heat. I can answer questions about boilers, piping,and associated parts of these systems. Please do not ask for specific information about how I feel about one boiler, etc. over another--These questions should be directed to a licensed contractor that you know of, or that your neighbors and colleagues look to to provide solutions.

I have 20 plus years experience, which has lead to passing my state master HVAC license.

Completed college

I work on the manufacturer's side of the business currently