Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/York Furnace heats well, but does not kick on automatically

I have a York model #p2mpd12n06401c gas furnace.  It heats the house well.  However it started (occasionally at first) to not kick on when the temp got below the set threshold.  I have the heat set at 68 degrees.  It got to the point where it never kicked on.  If I turn it off and immediately back on, it starts right up and heats to the desired temperature.  I replaced the thermostat, but that didn't fix it.  I replaced the air filter (rather embarrassing but it was totally clogged).  That seemed to improve the problem for about 24 hours.  Now it's back to the exact same thing.  Each time I manually turn it off and back to auto, it kicks on and runs fine.  Then it's done until I do it again.

I used to work as an electrician, but am not very experienced with low voltage.  I am fairly mechanically minded.  

I'd love  your help.

Thank you for your request.  Unfortunately our expertise is with Major Home Appliances only.  This would include washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwasher, ranges and ovens.  If you need help with any of these appliances, feel free to submit another request.  For your problem, please request assistance from a AllExpert with experience in the HVAC service field.  If you ever need assistance with Major Home Appliances feel free to come back and initiate another request.  Visit our Website at or email us directly at

Thank You for your request,
Eric & Ann Campion

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at