Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Central Air

Hello Marcus...I live in a single family home with which we have central air. I had heard that covering the unit during the winter months or off season, is not a good idea. The reasoning why escapes me at the moment. What's your take on that?
Thanks for your time

If you have a heat pump system then you must leave the condenser exposed - because it will be operating and needs air flow. If you have a straight cool system with a different source of heat then covering the unit is not an issue. Just remember to uncover before summer hits.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Marcus Cass

I can answer question regarding small refrigeration units ,walk in cooler/freezer,commercial ice machines,exhaust hoods,supermarket rack systems,all residential air conditioning units and commercial air conditioning equipment. No appliance questions please

20 years plus experience in supermarket chains , restaurant refrigeration service , and residential and commercial air conditioning service. Florida class A air conditioning contractor. Currently own an air condition and refrigeration company.

Graduated trade school , hundreds of hours of manufacturer training as well as in house training over the years and best of all - hands on real world experience . Class A license holder in Florida