Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Coleman A/C - CR 24 K 6 PFV 260

Question
QUESTION: HELLO,AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO HELP ME.. THIS A/C HAD FREON PUT IN LESS THAN A YR AGO. THEN STARTED FREEZING UP AND SOAKING THE FLOOR-LEAKING. I WAS TOLD THAT IRT HAD A CLOG,AND THE SERVICE CALL I STILL CAN'T AFFORD AS I HAVE TWO DOGS WITH HEART WORMS,ETC. I'M TRYING TO LOCATE THE DRIP PAN & WHERE TO RUN A HOSE INTO A PVC PIPE-???,BUT DON'T KNOW IF THEY MEAN IN THE HOUSE,OR OUTSIDE,OR EVEN HOPW OR WHERE TO START..? THE HEAT PUMP IS OUT BACK,THE A/C IN THE HALL CLOSET. THERE'S A HUGE OPEN SPACE UNDER IT,SO HAVE TRIED TO FIND A 'DRIP PAN' TO CLEAN OR CHECK.. I AM SO LOST,BUT MY ONLY OPTION IS TO DO IT MYSELF.CAN YOU PLEASE HELP TO DIRECT ME? THANK YOU so much,JOYCE MARIE ..IN FL.

ANSWER: Hi Joyce, I found your question in the question pool. It looks like it is 2 weeks old. If you are still looking for help let me know.

QUESTION: ..well,yes. you are the only one who has even responded,..so please let me know anything that you can. THANK YOU,i appreciate it.

Answer
Joyce, If your coil is freezing up it's most likely low on freon again. You need to have AC guy come out and find the leak. Does water leak onto the floor when its not frozen? Do you see ice on the larger copper line that goes into the furnace. This might be where the water leaks when it thaws out. I can't find any info with the model number you gave. Remove the furnace cover and look for a model number. This will help me locate the drain pan.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.