Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/dusty blades

Question
hi..on the central air system here, the ducts from the central  air blow out the cold air very close to the blades for the ceiling fans. i try to dust them off about every two weeks, and the blades have a lot of dust on them. what would cause that and how to fix? there isa lot of negative publicity about air duct cleaning,and i have never had that done. thank you!!

Answer
I would trace the entire return ductwork to make sure there are no leaking joints. A joint leak will allow dust to be sucked into the return and then blow out the supply vents. It will also build up on the coil and eventually greatly affect the efficiency. Also if you do not use a pleated air filter, you need to. They will trap considerably more dust than a standard fiberglass filter. Thanks J

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

J Cook