Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Goodman Pack Unit - Slow to kick on the heat

gpg13300701bb works fine when cooling.  Now that the weather is cooler, the unit is set to heat. Thermostat is set to 72. Temp drops lower, say 68, but still doesn't come on. After some time, it eventually comes on (hours after the temp dropped below 72). Once it comes on, it seems to run and heat properly.

Hi Scott,

It could be the stat is bad. Turn the breakers off to the unit. Remove the stat to expose the stat wires. Jumper R to G to W. Turn the breaker back on. If it starts and runs then the stat is bad. If it does the same thing you have a problem out at the unit. In that case I would call a pro. Let me know if you have any other questions.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!