Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Outside Fan and Compressor will not start

Hi Joe, I have a Rheem RPKA-015JAZ unit. I have put a MFD meeter on the 35/3 370 CAP and it is well within spec. Also checked the Contactor- all power inputs and outputs are correct except the 24VAC to contactor coil is not present.
However the 24VAC is present prior to going into the defrost board.
I can manually engage the contactor and the compresor and the fan both run as they should... but when I disengage the
Contactor the until stops.
It appears to me the 24VAC should be present from the circuit board to engage the contactor... is that correct?
Would that imply the Defrost board is bad?

You may have lost the refrigerant and your low pressure switch opened ,keeping the contactor from pulling in.Typically you should have power feeding the board at all times . You need to look at the wiring diagram to see why your loosing 24 volt ac before it reaches the board.You also may have a high pressure switch that tripped open.A lot of Rheem units have a manual reset red button on the outdoor unit. You can also jump out the t-stat and jumper R to G to Y ,which should bring on the blower fan and outdoor unit. If you have a field installed time delay relay, that also may be bad. I would first double check that the pressure controls did not trip first and install gauges on the low side to see if you have refrigerant.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.