Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/air cond. tops

I recently purchased a house with a TRANE air conditioner.  It is place only a foot or so from the back of the house.  It was suggested that the top of it (which now blows air at the house and out the sides) be replaced with a top that allows the air to blow out from the top of the unit and upwards.  It was thought this will help the unit work more efficiently and also keep our house cooler in the summer. I live in Phoenix, AZ.   What are your thoughts on the tops?  The new top is fairly expensive.  Thanks

As long as there is a sufficient amount of air already being displaced from the condenser (your outside unit), there is no need
for any adjustments  to the air flow from this unit. Basically, you'd be spending unnecessary time & money to "accessorize" your

Hope this helps!

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best

I can answer most fundamental questions about Air Conditioning and how it works. I can give advice on different services in the DFW area, as well as lend some advice as to pricing systems along with solid opinions as to quality equipment versus sub-standard equipment. I can help educate consumers with regards as to what to look for in a service company, as well as steps they can & should take when considering repairing vs replacing their A/C equipment.

I was the Sr. Sales Technician for one of the most well-established HVAC (residential) companies in DFW for over 5 years. I then became the Dallas Team Leader for another well-established DFW company based out of Ft. Worth. Became the Sales Manager for an area A/C business most recently.

I have written content for several area HVAC (residential) businesses with respect to their Sales Policy manuals. I personally wrote the Sales Training Manual for a well-established DFW area HVAC company.

BS Univ of NM 1985

Million Dollar Sales Club; 2009, 2010, 2010, 2011, 2012