Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/gas heater pilot flame keeps going out

Question
Hi, is there any mechanical reason other than wind that keeps putting my pilot light out on my furnace? I only had to light it 3 times last year, now I have to light it every time I want heat.
I just got off unemployment & don't want to be scammed by my UGI gas man again who tried to give me a $350 work order for a 10cent
fuse, which was all it needed at the time 2yrs ago. Please help-Maria

Answer
Hi Maria,

There are many reasons why this can happen. The gas pressure could be low going to the gas valve. The gas valve or pilot tube could have a restriction in it. You could take the thermocouple out and clean it with steel wool. If that doesn't work I would replace the thermocouple.

If you have any questions let me know.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.