Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Goodman or Kenmore?

Question
I recently got two quotes for a new furnace. Sears quoted $5000 for a Kenmore, and a local guy recommended by a neighbor quoted $2500 for a comparable Goodman. Both were 95% efficiency two stage multi-speed gas models. Is there something really wrong with Goodman that I should pay twice as much for a Kenmore?

Answer
In my opinion, Goodman is every bit as reliable as Kenmore, many would  say it is moreso...
Since Goodman is the #1 selling residential system in North America, replacement parts will
be more accessible, and less expensive.

I would argue that most residential systems are within the same proximities regarding their
overall quality. All things being equal, for best results/performance make sure the technicians
installing the unit represent a Goodman approved dealer.

Goid luck!

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best