Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Goodman or Kenmore?

I recently got two quotes for a new furnace. Sears quoted $5000 for a Kenmore, and a local guy recommended by a neighbor quoted $2500 for a comparable Goodman. Both were 95% efficiency two stage multi-speed gas models. Is there something really wrong with Goodman that I should pay twice as much for a Kenmore?

In my opinion, Goodman is every bit as reliable as Kenmore, many would  say it is moreso...
Since Goodman is the #1 selling residential system in North America, replacement parts will
be more accessible, and less expensive.

I would argue that most residential systems are within the same proximities regarding their
overall quality. All things being equal, for best results/performance make sure the technicians
installing the unit represent a Goodman approved dealer.

Goid luck!

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best

I can answer most fundamental questions about Air Conditioning and how it works. I can give advice on different services in the DFW area, as well as lend some advice as to pricing systems along with solid opinions as to quality equipment versus sub-standard equipment. I can help educate consumers with regards as to what to look for in a service company, as well as steps they can & should take when considering repairing vs replacing their A/C equipment.

I was the Sr. Sales Technician for one of the most well-established HVAC (residential) companies in DFW for over 5 years. I then became the Dallas Team Leader for another well-established DFW company based out of Ft. Worth. Became the Sales Manager for an area A/C business most recently.

I have written content for several area HVAC (residential) businesses with respect to their Sales Policy manuals. I personally wrote the Sales Training Manual for a well-established DFW area HVAC company.

BS Univ of NM 1985

Million Dollar Sales Club; 2009, 2010, 2010, 2011, 2012