Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/air conditioner/heating

Hello Chuck,
I replaced my entire unit including the air handler one and a half years ago which was almost five thousand dollars. So two nights ago the unit is coming on, but the compressor outside is not. We called the business who installed and the compressor is under warranty, however they are quoting us at $651.00 to install it. Does this seem reasonable? Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi Kathleen!

Over $600 sounds high. My suggeztion: contact the manufacturer (Trane, Goodman, Lennox....whomever) and find a
small list of qualified dealers for your brand near you. Have 2 or 3 of these
companies come out and give you a quote. Ask fir recommended dealers
for your brand!

Good luck!

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Chuck Best

I can answer most fundamental questions about Air Conditioning and how it works. I can give advice on different services in the DFW area, as well as lend some advice as to pricing systems along with solid opinions as to quality equipment versus sub-standard equipment. I can help educate consumers with regards as to what to look for in a service company, as well as steps they can & should take when considering repairing vs replacing their A/C equipment.

I was the Sr. Sales Technician for one of the most well-established HVAC (residential) companies in DFW for over 5 years. I then became the Dallas Team Leader for another well-established DFW company based out of Ft. Worth. Became the Sales Manager for an area A/C business most recently.

I have written content for several area HVAC (residential) businesses with respect to their Sales Policy manuals. I personally wrote the Sales Training Manual for a well-established DFW area HVAC company.

BS Univ of NM 1985

Million Dollar Sales Club; 2009, 2010, 2010, 2011, 2012