Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Annoying ticking from vents

We just turned our furnace on for the winter. It is only about 7 years old and before has usually been fairly quiet. However, now during the mornings when it first kicks on I'll hear a ticking or rattling sound. It wakes me up and for a split second I'll think it's raining outside. All the ducts are metal, and I've vacuumed out all of the vents already. I've looked at other people's questions about this same problem online, and it seems it's probably from the metal expanding and contracting. How do I fix this problem? My vents are in the floor.

It may also be the louvers in one of the vents. While the fan is operating, go to each vent to see if one or more have a definitive noise. If no vents are located, someone may need to go along the entire duct system as the fan is turned on and off to see if a loose joint can be located. Thanks, J

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

J Cook

With 25+ years experience, I am familiar with residential, commercial, and industrial HVAC equipment including but not limited to boilers, chillers, reciprocating and screw compressors. I am trained in all manners of control wiring.

I currently have three HVAC licenses and Refrigeration license by the State of North Carolina. I have been in this field for over twenty years. I have been a service technician for a contractor and also worked at a state college in the repair and maintenance of steam lines and equipment. I am currently the Building Maintenance Superintendent for a municipality.