Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Gas Furnace LWCO

Question
I have a Burnham gas furnace ( baseboard heating) and had a no-heat condition. The repairman diagnosed the problem as a bad low water cutoff ( TACO LWCO) unit. This happened on Christmas Eve and the part was not available. The repairman jumped the wires to bypass the LWCO and the heat came back on. He said this part is trouble prone, many furnaces don't even have this unit and it isnt absolutely necessary. The furnace is located in the basement, and there are no baseboards in the basement, it is not heated. The repairman said this is even more of a reason why the LWCO is not necessary and I could leave it with the jumped wiring. Please give me your opinion. Thanks

Answer
Jeff,

I don't like bypassing a safety device unless for troubleshooting purposes , typically the automatic water feeder suppose to add water if your pressures drop below a setpoint.I would keep an eye on your boiler till he gets a replacement. If you leave it that way and something happens to your boiler causing house damage and your home insurance company or town investigates and find you jumpered a safety, would not be a good thing .

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe