Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Ice maker

QUESTION: We have a Kitchenaid KSFS25fkbl01 Side by side refridgerator. I shut off the ice maker when we went away for three weeks. When we returned, I dropped the wire down to resume ice makjng but to no avail. It appears that the mechanics are cycling but no ice is made. I looked at what I thought was the water supply pipe (plastic 5/8" dia.) and it was frozen so I applied heat from a hair dryer and I thought I had removed the ice but still no water seems to be flowing. Can you advise?
         Thank you,

ANSWER: Ice maker water line is only 1/4 inch.  According to the model number you supplied, I would pull the unit away from the wall and then remove the lower cover.  Find the water valve your home water supply attaches to and then look for the smallest water line output and remove it from the valve.  If you are having difficulty removing this, replay and I will instruct further.  If you get it off, blow through it.  Does air pass easily?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: I think that I perhaps was not clear with my question. When I referred to the water supply, I was speaking of the one inside the freezer compartment. There is a plastic tube approximately 5/8" in dia. that goes from the back wall of the freezer and points toward the ice tray. I believe that is the path for the water to fill the tray. It has ice inside of it although I got some of it out with a hair dryer, I'm not sure how to take it apart or whatever to allow the water to flow. I'm also not sure what mechanism keeps it from freezing on z regular basis.  Thank you,

Thanks for the clarification of the problem.  That is the ice maker fill tube.  From the water valve to the ice maker, there is no pressure.  Normally if ice forms in there, there is a problem with the water inlet valve.....leaking....much like a leaking faucet.  Drip, drip, drip.  Each little drip freezes and then fills the tube with ice so when the ice maker calls for water, the spout is blocked with ice and thus, no water for ice cubs.  To remove it, it is normally removed from the rear of the unit. Twist and pull out.  Take it to the kitchen sink and then run hot water on it until it drops the block of ice within.  Re-install and you should be fine.  If you can't remove it, continue the hair dryer routine until an ice tube slips out of the spout....If the tube refreezes, contact me and I will instruct further.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at http://www.affordableappliance.com for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at http://www.affordableappliance.com