Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Conatcor switch wiring on carrier AC

I have had to replace the contactor switch on an AC hot & cold system, difficulty with where the wires go as the old one was so burned, however, I have discovered that what i believe to be the control wires for Comp and fan are Y and W2 on terminal board. The system runs fine on cold, but only 1 min on heat. These two wires are 24 Volts but they raise to 230V  and so energize the switch, does that sound correct, i thought most switches are 24V to energize? It has a new int PCb & Thermostat, no Lp or HP switches/safety are wired in. Comp heater is R and C and are constant on heat. Can you help or need more info. Many thanks Peter

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If you hve 24 volt circuits going 230v it will burn the transformer and wiring, take a look at the diagrams i supplied and get back to me with specific questions, I am not understanding specifically what you are asking.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

residential & light commercial Heating, Air conditioning, Refrigeration, Heat pumps, Water heaters.

34 years in the electromechanical fields

Publications, Google help outs, Rewarder top 100 of over 750,000 experts.

Associates Mechanical Electrical Theory Sac city