Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/fan speed

Question
Hi John,

Why are there differnt options for blower speeds on a furnace?

We have what seems to be light flow in the home we bought almost two years ago.  The registers at the north end, furthest away from the furnace, have very light flow.  I do know that the lower level was finsihed off after the original construction and iwth the way things were done, i can't believe any modifications were made to the furnace, should there have been a need for them.

Is there any harm looking at the blower speed and if it's wired to low or medium, bumping it up a notch?

The reason I ask is that the forsed air is much less than that in our previous home, it takes much longer time to heat up the place.

We do change the filter regularly since a couple of us have bad allergies and asthma.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Kevin

Answer
Kevin,
 Sorry for the delay, I have been in the emergency room 3 times in the pasty 2 weeks.  It sounds like you nee a service tech out to look at the sizing of your equipment the way your duct work is installed and the way your equipment is set up. Kudo's for the clean filters, that helps any situation.  Look for a company that has N.A.T.E. certified tech's that know what they are looking for.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

john t. borgman