Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/furnace

My furnace turns on, the ingiter gets red hotand kicks on
And then it blows for 5 seconds or so then goes out. It will
Do this 3 times and sonetines it will run and most of the tine it wont
What is wrong?

If there are flames, then it could be a faulty or dirty flame sensor.  If there are no flames, then it could be an issue with the gas valve.  That is not to say there could be other issues, but that is where to start looking.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.