Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Goodman PGB042100-1

Question
We purchased a home that has a Goodman furnace, Model number PGB042100-1.  We have an issue of excessive dust in the house.  It is a fine white dust, almost like baby powder.
The vents are on the floor and we thought that there might be a hole in the duct work (in the crawl space under the house) for the system.   We had the duct work checked and cleaned professionally.  That still didn’t solve the problem.  The filters are replaced according to manufacturer’s suggestion.   The system is a package unit which is outside on a concrete slab.  
The furnace does blow harder on one end of the house (where it is closer to the furnace fan), so the master bedroom and bath seem to get more dust than the rest of the house.
Do you have any suggestion on what we can do next to correct this problem?
Thanks,
Kay & Ken

Answer
The problem is likely not be caused by the A/C unit.  The dust can come from anywhere in the home and blown around by the movement of air.  You need to have the dust tested to determine what it is.  Once you know what it is, then the source can be hunted down.  You can search the internet or look for a local contractor that specializes in IAQ.

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert