Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/heater blows out cold air from duct

Question
I have a trane gas heating/electric cooling system that will not blow out heat. It started making some noise I thought was the blower, before i could find someone to check it out, it quit blowing out warm air. It seems to be working except it only blows out cold air. It also quit making the noise I heard before. I do not know if it has anything to do with it or not, but the electric went out in the whole town afew times the same day the heat stopped coming through. my unit is a trane model # 2YCX3024A1040/64A. There is no internal fuse that i can see,and the thermostat seems to be fine, and the breaker box was not triped. I did try flipping the breaker as that did not help. what could be wrong as it is darn neer imposable to get a tech. in this crapy little snuze town. thank you! from: FREEZING IN IRVINE, KY.

Answer
If your furnace has a power venter for the chimney I am thinking that the noise you heard was the "inducer fan" either wearing out suddenly, or something was caught in it.  Either way you are not gettting the inducer to operate--which will stop the furnace from moving along its starting and heating sequence.  Locate this fan assembly and see if it is stopped, stuck or shot.

Mike

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Mike Reavis