Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Auxilliary Furnace-Summer Question

Question
I recently bought a 50 year old home.  It has an addition that is heated by a 10 year old auxilliary Trane furnace with no AC, whole house including addition is AC'd by the main furnace, which is only about 5 years old but it has hard time keeping up with all FSF on hot humid August days.  Both furnaces have fresh air exchanges.   My question it whether in the summer,  I can cover the auxililliary furnace outside flu vent and its fresh air intake,  so there is no hot humid air entering the house through those ducts.  To improve efficiency of main furnace AC.  
(For that matter, in the summer should I cover the main furnace flu vent and fresh air intake?)

Answer
Yes, you can cover without harming the unit...If you have a standing pilot, then be sure it is turned off...I would recommend that the gas and power be turned off.  Then leave a tag on the gas valve as a reminder to remove the covers.  You need to do that so if you are not the one to turn it back on, someone else will be aware of what was done.  You might even forget...

Craig
achelpguy@gmail.com

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert