Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Bath vent

Question
Thank you for taking the time to help with my problem.

I have two bath fans that are exhausted through one roof vent. The two flexible ducts join at a tee at the roof. Although both fans have dampers (that are moving freely and not stuck closed or open), when only one fan is in use, some exhaust air is coming in through the other fan. Adding a second roof vent is a possibility, but I would prefer to cut as few holes in my roof as possible. Could I add two dampers right at the tee by the roof? I have seen two types; one is all metal, the other is a metal frame with a plastic/fabric "sock" inside that only permits airflow in one direction. This is a link to the second type:

http://www.tamtech.com/store/one-way-air-flow-valve-6-duct-bath-fan-range-hood-e

Do you think that either damper set-up would help? If so, do you think the second type is worth the money for this application? Thanks again for your help.

Answer
John,

I recently installed a system similar to your application in my residence, I did not care if I was drawing air from my other bathroom when that bathroom was not in use, I took my total cfm of both bathrooms and bought one that handled both rooms. It was not important that both dampers opened when using one room. The sock type looks  to be a back draft type check valve type ,doubt that they would work. The only way a setup ( that you and I have ), would be to use two powered motorized dampers. Just isn't practical. The instruction that came with my bathroom kit ,did not mention as an option some type of isolation damper to run either or .

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Joe