Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Chimney blocked

Question
I have a gas furnace and the metal pipe that comes off furnace I guess it would be a vent pipe?? Anyway that pipe plugs into the old brick chimney and runs all the way up inside brick chimney. Somehow bricks and other stuff got down inside that metal pipe and its blocked. How can I clear it? The only place I see were I can get into it is where the metal pipe plugs onto brick chimney. can I pull that pipe out of there safely and push all the stuff down and out that hole? I have gas and electricity off as well as pilot light out.

Answer
Hi Patty,
This is a dangerous situation. You did the right thing by shutting every thing down. I would call a professional to come in and do the repairs. If you decide to do it yourself, make sure you reconnect the flue properly. If you don't have a CO detector go buy one before you attempt this. Have it ready when you restart the furnace.

If you have any questions let me know.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.