Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/My heating/air condition

My heating/air furnace had a problem with a smoke not going out from the chimney when the heating furnace was working. My family and I often smell that smoke odor from the area near the chimney after the heating furnace stops running.  May I know what happened to my heating furnace and how can I fix this problem?  Thank you so much.

Hello, A heater is supposed to keep the gasses of combustion separate from the air that is inside the home, after time the heat exchanger can become cracked which allows combustion gasses to infiltrate into the home which is a potentially deadly condition!
This is very serious, I suggest you call your gas utility and tell them you smell gas,
they will come and tell you exactly what is going on and they will not allow it to
continue operating if potentially deadly, this is free if the utility is called.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

residential & light commercial Heating, Air conditioning, Refrigeration, Heat pumps, Water heaters.

34 years in the electromechanical fields

JustAnswer.com, Pearl.com Eanswer.com Answerbag.com Google help outs, Rewarder top 100 of over 750,000 experts.

Associates Mechanical Electrical Theory Sac city