Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Radiant heat zone control panel

I have a 6 zone radiant heat system with an Argo ARM-6 control panel. The control panel started to make a clicking noise and the X-X and  the ZR-ZC diodes flash on and off (I have a viedo, but can't upload on this site). I think the clicking sound is the from one of the e relays (OMRON MY2) turning on and off repeatedly. I shut the power to the control panel and waited a couple of hours and then unread back on and it worked for a couple of hours before making the same clicking noise again. Once while it was working I turned all the thermostats down so no heat was necessary and as soon as I turned the last one down it started clicking again (coincident?). A technician came by and said it was loose wiring and tightened them, but a couple of hours later it started again. They say the panel needs to be replaced and want to charge $700 to do it. I think maybe one of the relays are malfunctioning and if so I could buy one online for $10 and replace it (can I do this myself or would I risk damage). If it is the panel I could buy online for $200 and replace myself. It looks like just reconnecting the wires to the panel in the way it is currently connected. Is it that easy to replace or are their jumpers or setting I need to change. What do you think? Thanks in advance for your help.

You would have to determine if you are losing 24 volt ac at the suspected relay coil first , before you change the relay, if the relay gets hot to the touch or the coil itself is a brownish color that would indicate overheating of the coil and it may drop out due to age of relay. But if your losing your 24 volt when you should be having 24 volts then replacing the relay is not going to solve your problem.If you do determine that the voltage is constant , and decide to change the relay make sure it's the exact replacement, as those relays may have several N/O or N/C sets of contacts. Buying a replacement panel for $200.00 seems reasonable.

In closing check to see if your losing the power to the relay coil, if you are then you need to determine why. Look at existing wiring diagram  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.