Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Rusted Coils

First off thank you for the opportunity that you offer to help with answers. I installed two complete brand new A/C units in my house 18 months ago, and I have a service contract that bring a technician twice a year. Yesterday they came for one of those maintenance services and the guy found that in one of the units the coils are badly rusted. He told me that they can use the guarantee but since that involves some other procedures that have out of pocket expenses he would prefer to something that would stop the corroding process. So he said that if they change the UV light bulb and seal all the ducts around the entire house (i think he called it mask sealing)that would solve the problem for ever. And if the coil keeps on rusting they then will execute the warranty. The guy was using the typical "Car Sales Technique" that made me think twice about his recommendation. What do you think? Is he correct? do the UV light bulbs has to do anything with that? How about the Mask sealing job? Thank you so much for any help that you can offer me.

He should have showed you the heavy rust . If your coil is all aluminum there should be no rust. If its copper/aluminum with a! metal frame , light rust on the metal frame would not be unusual. The drain pan is made of plastic. if your coil is truly rusting severely you should check your blower motor body as that is made of metal and should also be rusty.I would look at the  coil yourself. Why is the other coil on the other system not rusted? I think he is trying to sell you something you don't need.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.