Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Cooling Costs

I have a 1905 sq ft 2 story house which is getting more and more expensive to keep cool (I have a one zone system only. The thermostat is on the second floor). My problem is the the cost to cool the house keeps going up 12% each year and I wanted to ask you if I might save some money buy buying two small 5000 btu air conditioners to only keep two rooms ( each 125 sq ft ) cool at night.

Thank you

The smaller the area that is heated or cooled, the less is costs.  I had a neighbor that used a window unit in the master bedroom and turned off the rest of house when not in use. His bill was less then $100 month and mine was well over $200 in the summer.  Our homes were of of the same size and each with two working adults living in them.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.