Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Inside Unit

Heil Heat Pump
Heil Heat Pump  
I am buying a house that has a Heil Heat Pump Unit outside and I need to know what the Tonnage is and also if the Unit inside needs replacing? Unit inside has no name plate but all the numbers are : model numbers of 867.823022 and NEBF034AK02, Serial # is H726-91215, Style is 34HPB-000082. Unit inside looks brand new but outside unit looks like junk. The only reason I know it is a Heil is because outside unit still has the Heil Plate on it. The unit is supposed to work but not sure till I close and get the power on to test. Which Unit is for heat and which is for cooling? not sure what either one does just would like some advice

The serial number on the unit tells me the unit was made/altered in 1987.  The unit may have even been made years earlier, due to the sticker on the nameplate.  The age would also explain the lack of search feedback based on the model number.  I believe the unit is an ICP product (which makes Heil).  It would also appear to be a 3 ton unit.  Your system requires both the inside and outside working to together to cool. If you truly have a heatpump, then to heat as well.  The air handler likely has electric heat strips in them as well.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.