Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Carrier vs. American Standard Equipment

We are looking to replace our entire HVAC system as it is over 20 years old.  I have gotten quotes for American Standard's Platinum XM A/C unit and the Gold ZM furnace, as well as Carriers' Infinity A/C and furnace.  We have a 3,200 square foot home (not including finished basement) that was built just over 20 years ago.  Any input as to the quality of the two products?  I know the installers matter but looking for insight into the equipment.  Any help or insights would be appreciated.

Hi Mary,

I took a look at both units and I would recommend the American Standard. It has everything I would want for my own home.

Has either company done a load calculation? I see a lot of systems that are over sized, which will cost you more money in the long run. Also make sure the price includes a new lineset.

Hope this helps you.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!