Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/HVAC estimates

Hi, a question regarding HVAC estimate and signing a contract.A brief summary. I called this company for an estimate on installing a new, complete HVAC system. I told them I do not have an existing central AC unit or heating and no existing duct work. They first sent a person to perform an energy audit of my house. He also took pictures of my house, attic, outside and of the electrical panel. The next visit was for the estimate per my audit results. After I decided what kind of product to purchase,he sent me a proposal for the total cost to install a new, complete HVAC system to be signed and returned,and they "then will start the install process". I asked him will the proposal cover all that's needed to complete the whole HVAC system and no other charges after? His answer was "yes" and that only unexpected work and charges would be extra charges. Next, they sent a third person for the final design and measurements. After figuring design/ measurements,he brings to my attention that the electrical panel needs to be updated before work. The salesperson, gets back to me and says I will have to pay for the electrical upgrade since it is an "unexpected" work and cost. I do not agree, they knew I had not had a HVAC prior, the electrical panel is in view and accessible, and they took pictures of the electrical (anticipating that aspect of install), and they are the professionals of 30 years experience installing all that's needed to install a complete HVAC system. I figured the total cost would included replacing a electrical panel if needed (the proposal is for $8,000 plus). Their final response is I have to pay for the cost of electrical upgrade or they can terminate the contract. The question is are they valid in not having to pay for the new electrical and terminate the contract or is it the consumer's cost(myself) in this scenario? Thanks L.

This is more of a legal question rather than help with repairing an appliance or a/c unit.  Since we do not install complete systems, I am not familiar with various sales agreement contracts...  Might want to talk to a lawyer who is familiar with sales and bid contracts.  Also, simply my opinion, I would contact another HVAC contractor and get another estimate.   Good luck, Eric

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at http://www.affordableappliance.com for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at http://www.affordableappliance.com