Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Intake and Outtake Vents

In a 2 pipe gas furnace that is vented out of the side of a house what is the minimum distance (and max) that the intake and outtake vents should be? What issues could happen if the distance is less than the minimum?

Local code usually defers what is in the manufacturer's installation manual.  Many appliances require the exhaust and intake to be close to each other, in the same pressure zone(not on opposite sides of the house for example)  Terminations are designed to prevent the flue gasses from recirculating and concentrating. Installation height has to do with anticipated snow fall.  Other guides are there to assist with clearances from common walkways, and to openings into buildings.  In windy regions the preferred side of the house may be part of local knowledge.  Tampering and vandalism, entrance by animals and insects, blockage by snow are all issues.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Mike Reavis

Questions related to "Wet Heat". This is heating your home, office etc. with radiators, panels, and convector apparatus. Steam and water heat. I can answer questions about boilers, piping,and associated parts of these systems. Please do not ask for specific information about how I feel about one boiler, etc. over another--These questions should be directed to a licensed contractor that you know of, or that your neighbors and colleagues look to to provide solutions.

I have 20 plus years experience, which has lead to passing my state master HVAC license.

Completed college

I work on the manufacturer's side of the business currently