Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Intake and Outtake Vents

Question
In a 2 pipe gas furnace that is vented out of the side of a house what is the minimum distance (and max) that the intake and outtake vents should be? What issues could happen if the distance is less than the minimum?

Answer
Local code usually defers what is in the manufacturer's installation manual.  Many appliances require the exhaust and intake to be close to each other, in the same pressure zone(not on opposite sides of the house for example)  Terminations are designed to prevent the flue gasses from recirculating and concentrating. Installation height has to do with anticipated snow fall.  Other guides are there to assist with clearances from common walkways, and to openings into buildings.  In windy regions the preferred side of the house may be part of local knowledge.  Tampering and vandalism, entrance by animals and insects, blockage by snow are all issues.

Mike

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Mike Reavis