Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/# lbs R-22 for a Carrier 38CK, 1.5 ton

I have the subject model, installed in 2006. My unit is cooling the home somewhat, to about 83 degrees, with an exterior temp of 88 degrees (May: central FL), and the unit will continue to run without further cooling my home. I have a service company coming in 5/28, and wanted to know about how many pounds I might need based on the above information and the total # of pounds the unit holds... On a fixed income and do not want to get ripped off, which is common by these companies against the elderly. Thank you!

Thank you for your request.  Unfortunately our expertise is with Major Home Appliances only.  This site puts Home Refrigeration and HVAC in the same catagory.  This would include washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwasher, ranges and ovens.  If you need help with any of these appliances, feel free to submit another request.  For your problem, please request assistance from a AllExpert with experience in the HVAC service field.  If you ever need assistance with Major Home Appliances feel free to come back and initiate another request.  Visit our Website at or email us directly at

Thank You for your request,
Eric & Ann Campion

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at