Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/New A/C Unit

I just had an estimate for a new A/C unit for my manufactured home...The unit that the contractor gave me a price on is a 3 ton Concord.  He said it was comparable to a Lennox.  I've been trying to look up ratings/reviews on a Concord, but can't seem to find anything about them.  Have you heard of them and how reliable are they?  Contractor said 10 year warranty..... Being a woman, I don't know much about these things.  Thanks for your help.

This is the first time in my 56 year career (it'll be 57 in 22 days) that I've heard of Concord. I googled the name, saw it's a Lennox company. That's all I know.

As you read, I've been out of the service end of the business since March 31, 1996. That's over 17 years, more than the expected service life for residential heating & AC equipment. So even if I had had any experience with Concord, it'd be outdated.

3 tons sounds like a lot of AC. Do make sure your bidders perform a proper cooling load calculation, rather than using rule of thumb (square feet per ton), or replacing with the same size that's there now. You won't have another opportunity to correct any oversizing for another 15 years, give or take.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Fred Weldin

I can't help you if your whatsis won't work, people (Especially if it's a refrigerator); I have no experience with appliances, and I haven't been involved with H&AC service and repair since March 08, 1996 (Thank the Lord); I always send a "standard" reply to appliance questions and H&AC "Service and Repair" questions (about 20 a month), so if you want to know why your whatsis isn't working like it used to, ask someone else. A lot of my answers arenít read by the questioners; in that event, I always send reminders to read the answers for a month or more (the word "idiots" comes to mind - actually there's another more appropriate word, but discretion prevents its use here). If you have questions about how big a unit you need, if one room's warmer than the others, if you want an opinion oas to scope of work on bids received, etc. just ask. Do visit www.askweldin.com, there's a lot of good information on sizing, ductwork, efficiency, as well as some techniques accomplished DIY-ers can use to troubleshoot and improve their H&AC. Finally, I want to thank all of the kind, serious people whom I meet here: I enjoy working with you. My wife says I'm "snarky" from time to time; as for you others, please use your imagination as to the responses swirling on the snarky side of my brain when I read your questions.

53 years in the business. See www.askweldin.com

B of ME U of D 1965, numerous classes, seminars and a lot of "Hands On" learning since.