Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/AC Repair

Question
I have a Max Performance 10 Heil Air conditioner. The unit was working well and keeping the house very cool. Then all of sudden the outside unit, the fan stopped running. Inside fan is still blowing just not cool air, so I shut it off, so I do not do more damage.
My question what should I look for to fix the outside so I have cold air again? Or is it time to replace the outside unit?

Also is there a way to check to see if the unit still may have a warranty? I only moved in to the house 4 years ago?

Thank you

Answer
Hello Mike, If you could get me the model # and serial# I can tell you how old the unit is. It looks like the Heil has a 10 year parts warranty. Does the compressor keep running after the fan stops? I would suspect the fan is going out. I would first replace the capacitor and see if it runs. If you want help with that let me know. Changing the fan motor is not that big of deal,  could help with that too.

Hope this helps.

PS. I am sorry it took so long to answer, I didn't get a email notification.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.