Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/a/c

My a/c serviceman says our residential 3 ton a/c compressor and evaporator coils need to be cleaned once a year. Can I do this myself with my vacuum cleaner hose? Or with anything else?

You can clean the outside condenser coils by turning the 220 breaker off and hosing the coils from inside the unit towards the outside.
I don't know what you have for inside evaporator cooling coil? If you keep a clean air filter in the unit you most likely don't need to clean the coil?
Are you having  a problem with cooling???

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart

Fifty + years conditioning the air.

Answer questions about , residential and commercial. Answer questions about sheet metal fabrication. Fifty years plus experience. No answers for oil equipment, No answers for kitchen appliances, No answers for laundry appliances, I don't specialize in one particular area of the HVAC area, I'm more of a General Practitioner, Limited in refrigeration/

Hands on since 1950