Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/conflicting service recommendations

I have two York 8.v Affinity units that are in closets with louvered doors. One HVAC tech told me to cover the louvers as it would improve the efficiency of the units, so I did. When I switched service techs, the new guy assumed I'd put it up because of noise, and that I should cut at least 1/3 of the louver covers down as I was "suffocating" the system and making it work too hard to pull air in. There are are intakes below each unit that are approximately 11" high and between 36 and 48 inches wide. Who do I listen to for highest efficiency and increasing the life of the units? And how do I choose the best HVAC serviceperson??

Thank you for your request.  Unfortunately our expertise is with Major Home Appliances only.  This site puts Home Refrigeration and HVAC in the same catagory.  This would include washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, dishwasher, ranges and ovens.  If you need help with any of these appliances, feel free to submit another request.  For your problem, please request assistance from a AllExpert with experience in the HVAC service field.  If you ever need assistance with Major Home Appliances feel free to come back and initiate another request.  Visit our Website at or email us directly at

Thank You for your request,
Eric & Ann Campion

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at