Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/CORSAIRE AIR CONDITIONER

Question
I have a Corsaire air conditioner unit (outside) built in 1997 - We just moved into the house last year and last summer the unit was functioning perfectly . This year, we went to turn it on, and adjusting the thermostat accordingly, the unit will not turn on at all (no fan, no motor, nothing)
   I replaced the batteries in the thermostat -

Im guessing that some type of fuse has blown - Problem is, I cant find the fuse in the outside unit to check it out. On the wall of the outside of the house, there is a box (the says no fuse inside) yet there is a metal wire that looks like you are to grab it, then pull out a little black box???

I reset the circuit breaker in the house, clicking it over, pushing hard on the off, and clicking it back on again.
    Still nothing???

I have a feeling it is a fuse. But where would the fuse be in the unit itself???

Thanks

Answer
Frank,
The " box (that says no fuse inside) yet there is a metal wire that looks like you are to grab it, then pull out a little black box???" belongs to the electrical department/electrician trade, I don't know what it is exactly?
The inside unit delivers the 24 volt power  to the thermostat-the thermostat sends the 24 volt power out to the outside unit through low voltage wires that are usually taped to the refrigeration lines that run between the inside and outside units, Rodents, birds, dogs, varmints, love to chew the wires, check the wires.
The inside unit and the outside unit are on separate breakers.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart