Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/cost of maytag heatpump/furnace system

I have just found out that our whole heating system, (heatpump/furnace) needs to be replaced. The service person who came out recommended a Maytag system with a cost of $5949.00 installed.  It is a 3.5 ton unit and electric furnace. I was just wondering if you could tell me if this a reasonable price. Also is Maytag a good system?  We live in a small town in southern Kentucky.  Thanks

Maytag does not make the unit.  The unit is made by Nordyne.  You can look them up on the internet.  It is an average unit on the market.  The brand of unit is not as important as the quality of the install job.  If you have not done so, I would get a couple of more prices.  I can not say if the price you have is good or bad.  There are too many variables that I do not know.  I will say the price is in the ballpark...

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.