Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/cost of maytag heatpump/furnace system

Question
I have just found out that our whole heating system, (heatpump/furnace) needs to be replaced. The service person who came out recommended a Maytag system with a cost of $5949.00 installed.  It is a 3.5 ton unit and electric furnace. I was just wondering if you could tell me if this a reasonable price. Also is Maytag a good system?  We live in a small town in southern Kentucky.  Thanks

Answer
Maytag does not make the unit.  The unit is made by Nordyne.  You can look them up on the internet.  It is an average unit on the market.  The brand of unit is not as important as the quality of the install job.  If you have not done so, I would get a couple of more prices.  I can not say if the price you have is good or bad.  There are too many variables that I do not know.  I will say the price is in the ballpark...

Craig

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert