Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Evap Coil - Air leak?

Hello Joe,

Recently got a new A/C installed (condenser + evap coil).  I noticed that the evap coil has a small air leak, but it appears to be a part of the design?  See the pic in this link -- the air is leaking from the vertical seam in the front in this image (this is not the exact same coil but looks very similar): http://m3.e-heatingcooling.com/40775-38448-thickbox/capf3030b6-cased-upflow-down

Is this normal?  It seems it'd be hard to tape with the bolts, but can sealant be used or should it be left alone?  It's not a ton of air but it is noticeable.

Any complaint should be directed to the installing Contractor.You should have a labor warranty that the Contractor supplies. Some air leaks are not unusual.You can use foil tape or a sealicant.The link did not open for me so I do not know exactly what you are talking about.Again I would deal with the installing Contractor.

I was able to view the link, the vertical seam is the access panel to view/repair/clean the indoor coil,Tape with foil tape, and you should be OK.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

40+ years diversified experience.An HVAC/Refrigeration Self Employed Contractor since 1986. NATE Certifield. Answer questions pertaining to Residential and Commercial Air Conditioning , Warm Air Heating, Heat Pump systems.Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting of these systems.Be as detailed as possible when describing problem.Packaged unit or split systems.No appliance questions.

Installation and Troubleshooting, Mechanical and Electrical, in following areas, Refrigeration ( Walk In and Reach In Coolers and Freezers ) Commercial Roof Top and Packaged Heating/Cooling ( Natural Gas,Propane, Electric, and Heat Pumps ) Computer Room Air Conditoning Systems,Commercial Residential Packaged and Split Systems Air Conditoning and Heat Pumps.Warm Air Oil , Natural and Propane Gas Heating systems.

Graduated from Private Technical School in 1975. An HVAC/Refrigeration Contractor . Have Unlimited Heating/Piping and Cooling Contractor License.Limited Sheetmetal Contractors License.NATE Certifield. York Certifield Master Heat Pump Technician 1986. Served 33 years combination Active Duty Air Force , Air Force Reserves and Air National Guard in the HVAC/Refrigeration Shop/Mechanical Shop. Troubleshooting/Installing HVAC/Refrigeration Equiptment Worldwide. Retiring in 2003 as a Senior NCO ,and a Mechanical Superintendent.