Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Jenn Air Refer / Freezer water leak

QUESTION: I have a Jennair side by side bottom freezer model # JFC2089WEM3 that has flooding my floor with water due to excess evaporator frost inside the freezer. Evaporator fan or relay failure?

Thanks, Greg

ANSWER: Is the unit cooling properly in both the refrigerator and freezer sections?  If yes....I would be looking for a door gasket leak first.  Check this and let us know what you find.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Both refer and freezer are operating at normal temps. door gaskets look good. I notice ice / moisture build up in the middle back of the freezer along the evaporator coil vents, that is why I suspect the fan or controler. I do hear a fan run from time to time but think it might be the compressor cooling fan. your thoughts?

Thanks, Greg

Fans will not normally cause a leak.  They will create temperature changes which can create havoc when trying to diagnose if not familiar with the big picture of refrigeration.  At this point, if I were there, I would remove the food and shelving and then the rear inside freezer panel. Next, making sure the unit's compressor has been running for at least 10 minutes, the evaporator coils should be fully froze to the touch...meaning anywhere you touch with a wet finger, your finger should stick to it.  While in there, pour very hot water down the drain and make sure the drain line is open and draining to the condensate pan below the refrigerator.  Let me know what you find.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. If maxed-out... You may visit our website at for quicker service.

30 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched and is supervised by My Wife Ann who is also very experienced in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

My credentials can be viewed on my website at