Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Lennox complete heat unit HM-30-100-1

I have a friend, a single mom, with 2 kids at home. She is buying a house that has the above heat/water heat system in it. (Gas). The water heater for the past 2 days has no hot water. She has tried the reset button and confirmed the unit has power. She is on a limited income and has no money to pay for a service call.
I am trying to help her.... what other things might we try to have hot water again?

Here is a link for the manual for the unit.  (  The unit contains a control board that will flash a fault code.  The fault codes are listed.  Once the fault code is determined, it will help to determine the problem.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.