Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/New forced air heating system

Question
I live in NJ and need to replace my 30 YO forced air furnace.
Contractor deals with Rheem and is recommending either an 80% efficiency unit or a 90% which will require new venting etc and an additional $1,200.00
thoughts?
THX

Answer
Hi Howard,  You can't go wrong with a Rheem, good unit. I am in the midwest so all I can go by is the prices we charge here. The $1200 seems a little high. The 90% would be the way to go. The difference between the units would be $300 to $400 and the cost of running the 3" PVC pipes would be maybe $350.

Hope this helps.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.