Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/New forced air heating system

I live in NJ and need to replace my 30 YO forced air furnace.
Contractor deals with Rheem and is recommending either an 80% efficiency unit or a 90% which will require new venting etc and an additional $1,200.00

Hi Howard,  You can't go wrong with a Rheem, good unit. I am in the midwest so all I can go by is the prices we charge here. The $1200 seems a little high. The 90% would be the way to go. The difference between the units would be $300 to $400 and the cost of running the 3" PVC pipes would be maybe $350.

Hope this helps.  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim S.

I can answer questions on gas or electric furnaces, ac units and heat pumps. I don't work on boilers,chillers,or home appliances.

I have been in the HVAC trade for over 35 years. For the past 15 years I have owned my own business. I am semi-retired so I can answer questions in a timely manner.

I attended trade school for 5 years on weekends and evenings. This was very hard to do, but well worth it!