Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/pjfooladi@gmail.com

I bought a newly built home in June 2012 (it had just been built). It is a modern structure with no accessible attic per se but foam insulation in the walls and I assume the flat roof line. The house is 4 stories including the basement.

When we first moved in and ran the AC, we noticed big foam pieces in the air vents on the top floor only. I dismissed it but now that we have turned on the AC again, it is back. Is this insulation coming into my vents? What are the causes of this and possible ways to fix? Could this be related to the "new paint" smell still lingering?

It is not a problem if the foam ended up in there during construction.  It could be an issue if the foam is getting in there because of the ducts has come apart.  If at all possible, a visual inspection of the ducts would be a start.  There are also other tests that can be done to determine if there is a leaking duct.

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Craig HVAC Expert

I have been in the HVAC field for the past 18 years. I can help with most HVAC questions. I work on commerical buildings for the most part, and have yet to find anything I could not troubleshoot and repair, when repairable. I work on small 1 ton units to a 2500 ton chiller. Troubleshoot air flow, elect, and control problems. I attend regular classes to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I work on commerical sites, hospitals, gov't buildings. I can troubleshoot just about anything in the HVAC business.

5 years trade school, VFD training classes, Liebert factory training, some York and Trane factory training.