Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/thermostate

QUESTION: My thermostat fan is set on automatic, but never shuts down.Why is that?

ANSWER: Michael,
"thermostat fan"? what is that?

QUESTION: There is a button on the thermostat and above it says Fan and underneath it says on and auto. This is the fan that blows the cold air through the ducts. I hope this helps you identify the fan.

I was looking for a description of what your thermostat is controlling such as, Air Handler, Gas furnace with cooling, Heat Pump, etc.
Any way, disconnect the wire on your thermostat that connects to the "R" post, If the fan goes off the problem is most likely the thermostat itself?

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Jim Barnhart

Fifty + years conditioning the air.

Answer questions about , residential and commercial. Answer questions about sheet metal fabrication. Fifty years plus experience. No answers for oil equipment, No answers for kitchen appliances, No answers for laundry appliances, I don't specialize in one particular area of the HVAC area, I'm more of a General Practitioner, Limited in refrigeration/

Hands on since 1950